The Society, in conjunction with the Geological Society of Glasgow, publishes the mainstream geological journal, The Scottish Journal of Geology; online access is available via the Lyell Collection.
Digitised archive in the Lyell Collection include:
- The Transactions of the Edinburgh Geological Society 1868-1963
- Transactions of the Geological Society of Glasgow
- Scottish Journal of Geology
The collection is fully searchable and the indexes are free to browse.
Free access to the full content of the journal and the transactions is available to members of the Edinburgh Geological Society. This involves a one-off, free subscription activation where you select a username and password. Note that this access is available to all Ordinary, Life, Honorary, Distinguished and Corresponding Fellows; but not to Senior Fellows, Family Fellows, or Associate Fellows (Junior or Glasgow). Glasgow Associates can get access via the Geological Society of Glasgow.
To gain access to the Lyell Collection, follow these steps:
- Activate your account on CONNECT – follow the instructions here: https://www.geolsoc.org.uk/lyellothermemberfaqs
- You will be able to access the SJG site here sjg.lyellcollection.org or using the link from the main Lyell Collection webpage here www.lyellcollection.org/. Login using your registered email address from step 1 and password.
The Lyell Collection is one of the largest online collections of Earth science literature and the EGS contributes towards this invaluable resource for research and study.